Saturday, May 4, 2013

A Gentleman: Lt Col. Olliver North

I once again spoke to Ollie North on Thursday.  He was signing his new novel and other books at the NRA Annuakl Meeting.  I was lucky in that few folks were around late in the afternoon.  I bought the novel, looks like fun, and preswented for an autograph.  He was gracious and wrote "to, A great American."  I mentioned I had seen him receive a Kentiuicky rifle at the Phoenix meeting a few years ago.

he took the time to tell me a short anecdote about that rifle.  When he got it, he called NRA to inquire about the bore size so he could properly load it.  An NRA person questioned him as to why he would shoot such a valuable rifle.  He replied to them that it was from the National RIFLE Association, not the National Souvenir Association.  He said he has shot the rifle a lot, taken a deer with it and his kids really like to shoot it.  Good man Ollie!

No comments:

Post a Comment